What is FTP?
The full form of FTP is File Transfer Protocol. It is a desktop app that connects the blog to a web server and allows files to be uploaded from the computer to the blog's server. The FTP Client software is very easy to use and it provides us with a simple user interface panel, so that you can easily copy, upload, delete, rename, and edit any file on your site through the FTP client.
To use FTP client, you do not need to install it in your site or blog, just you should have FTP username and password.
How to Connect FileZilla FTP Client to Web Server
1. First of all download FileZilla FTP client on your computer. Then open FileZilla FTP client.
2. Then click on File >> Site Manager.
3. On clicking Site Manager, a new page of FileZilla FTP server will open in front of you. Here you have to click on “New Site” then enter the name of your site (any name). In the next step you have to enter the host name. Then click on Protocol and select “FTP – File Transfer Protocol” from the drop down menu.
After this, FTP server information such as FTP password, user name and port will have to be entered. You can get all this FTP account information from your web hosting cPanel. You enter 21 for Port in FTP and use 22 for SFTP port.
4. After entering your FTP server information, click on the “Connect” button.
Now your web server will be connected to FileZilla FTP Client. Computer files appear in FileZilla on the left, and folders and files from your Web server are displayed on the right.
Rahul Gupta2 years ago
Balvinder Singh2 years ago
Another use was to transfer a web site over internet so used in software like Filezilla for transferring files like HTML, PHP from local folder to web hosting.
Sujit Singh2 years ago
1. To download the file from the server, or upload any file to it
2. If you have to do this, then all this is done through the FTP protocol.
In this, files are exchanged between 2 computers through a TCP / IP connection. When Web Developer creates a website, then the files of that website have to be uploaded to the server and for this FTP is used, which uploads, downloads, deletes, copy, and uploads large files to the server. Helps to move. Whatever data, content, themes are there in the website that the web developer makes, it is put together securely in one place so that if you want to make any changes, you can easily do it, and FTP works here.
Keeps all the data on your website and computer as per rules. Which you can easily access anytime.