Coolest things to do in Mysore | amazing places to visit
The Mysore Palace
One of the most famous places in Mysore – the grandest tourist attraction of them all is the Mysore Palace. Locally known as the Amba Vilas Palace, it is an epitome of royal history. Built-in 1912 by the Maharaja Krishnaraja Wadiyar IV, today, it stands tall with majestic architecture adorned with royal paintings in rich colors. Its style is a classic blend of Hindu, Muslim, Rajput, and Gothic, making it a hit among the crowd of every class, race, and culture.
The light and sound show inside this architectural marvel is a must-see during your visit. The best time to visit the Mysore Palace is during the festival of Dussehra when it is illuminated in its spectacular glory.
Extras / Important Information :
- The palace has a lot of building, rebuilding, burning, destroying and renovating history so make sure you get to know all about it.
- You can avail of information kits that work like Ebooks. Basically you get audio guides with insights on the history and culture of the Mysore Palace.
- Visit in Autumn, especially on the day of Vijay Dashmi to see the grand elephant parade. During this time you will also get to see the Pattada Katti which is the royal sword that is taken on an extravagant procession all around the city on the day of Mahavanavami.
- The timing and charges for the sound and light show are as follows –
Days, Hours and Timing – Kannada Show
Show in the Kannada language is held every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 to 8 pm. It is also held on Saturdays from 8:15 to 9:15 pm. The
Adults are charged 70 INR while children are charged 30 INR
Days, Hours and Timing – English Show
The English Show is held only on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 7 to 8 pm every evening.
The adults are charged 90 INR for this show while children are charged 40 INR. Here are the Coolest things to do in Mysore/most amazing places to visit in Mysore
The Brindavan Gardens | most amazing places to visit in Mysore
The perfect destination for nature lovers, The Brindavan Gardens is home to a well-synchronized fountain show with heartwarming music. One can also enjoy boating on the River Cauvery. This park spans an area of over 60 acres with beautiful flowers spread throughout its well-manicured grass. The park is divided into parts, both of which are managed by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation with a walkway bridge connecting the two.
Extras / Important Information :
- Visit the Brindavan Gardens at night for a splendid experience. With illuminated walkways and warm yellow lit trees, it creates an experience of heaven on Earth.
- Make sure to buy the exquisite glow in the dark bangles that you will never find anywhere else.
- The Brindavan Gardens also has two horticulture farms – The Naguvana Horticulture Farm and the Chandravana Horticulture Farm. The former is home to the Horticulture Training Centre of the Department of Horticulture while the latter is known for its lush mango and coconut trees.
- The timing, days and charges for the sound and light show are as follows :
How many calories in lemonAug 23rd, 2022
What is a Hybrid Car and How Do They Work?Apr 03rd, 2022
GARI, India's First Ever Crypto Token: Major things to knowApr 03rd, 2022
Travel itinerary for Maldives for 6 nights & 7 daysMay 08th, 2022
Top 6 Free Keyword Tool for SEO in 2022Mar 30th, 2022